Hyderabad: Telugu states governor ESL Narasimhan addressed the joint session of Assembly and Council on the third day of the assembly in which the speaker Pocharam Srinivas Reddy, Legislative Council chairman Swamy Goud were present.
Narasimhan greeted the newly elected MLAs and wished to serve the people with dedication. In his speech, the Governor announced new programmes of the government. He enlisted the achievements of the previous government.
* Construction of 28,000 watts mega power project is at a brisk pace.
* Power plant with 1080 megawatt capacity will be inaugurated this year.
* Telangana state has developed in all the sectors during KCR government.
* Around 75 lakh sheep were distributed for Yadavs.
* Organising of MBC corporation with Rs 1000 crore.
* Telangana has become number one in the Power sector.
* Steps have been taken to make Telangana from deficit power to surplus power.
* Around 20,171 lakes have been renovated.
* Telangana emerged as a role model to the country in its welfare programmes.
* Construction of KTPS power plant has been completed in 42 months creating a record by the previous government.
* 542 gurukul schools have been arranged.
* Four Medical colleges have been granted.
* Conversion of 1326 tandas into gram panchayats.
* Provided employment opportunities with new zones.